The Keene Rotary Club – Jane’s Kids program is a volunteer effort that provides back-to-school clothes to low income elementary school-age children in the Keene School District.
Ages 5 – 12 years.
Applications are open now through November 4, 2022. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Smile Scholarship is an scholarship program that provides orthodontic treatment to young adults (ages 11 – 17) whos families have income limitations.
Guidelines in applying for our Smile Scholarship:
- Applicant questionnaire must be handwritten and answered by the applicant.
- Applicant must be a resident of Cheshire or Windham County.
- Applicant must have a significant aesthetic need for braces.
- Applicant must demonstrate financial need.
- Applicant must be between 11 to 17 years old
- Applicant must be a currently enrolled student
- Applicant should demonstrate a positive attitude
- Applicant must agree to follow the treatment plan and demonstrate the ability and commitment to make all appointments on time
- Applicant is encouraged to display involvement and leadership in extracurricular activities
- Application must be submitted prior to treatment. Patients already in treatment cannot apply.
*They will be reviewing all applications on October 1st due to having to temporarily close due to COVID-19. Thank you.
Please email email@example.com for Smile application.
Waterford UPSTART – FREE at-home learning
Waterford Upstart is an online early learning program that teaches children the basic skills they need to excel in reading, math, and science—all in as little as 15 minutes a day.
Getting started with Waterford Upstart is easy
Step 1: Create your account using the form above—you’ll get immediate access to thousands of online early learning activities from our resource library.
Step 2: Submit an application to enroll your child in a free Waterford Upstart program. In addition to the resource library, eligible families get:
- a year-long guided learning path with interactive and personalized activities that use songs, stories, and characters to make learning fun and memorable
- expert support from a dedicated coach
- a laptop and internet access (where applicable)
Visit Waterford.org/Upstart to sign your child up before November 1!
You will gain access to thousands of learning resources and our award-winning software, all at no cost.
Want some one-on-one help getting your child enrolled?
Reach out—we’re here to help! Call 888-982-9898 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
READY! for Kindergarten
For parents, caregivers (*Keene and Surry residents) and child care providers of children from birth to age five.
Each 90-minute class focuses on eight or nine age-appropriate activities that parents can enjoy at home with their child. Parents will receive tools, such as free toys, games, puzzles, books, music and rhymes that guide children in their learning journey.
Classes for each age group meet 3 times a year and focus on the following topics:
Language and Literacy
Math and Reasoning
Social and Emotional
Email email@example.com for more information or to register.
Upward Bound – Keene State College
Upward Bound (UB) is a year-round college preparatory program. It prepares students for success in high school and enrollment in college.
Goals of the Upward Bound Programs
– Prepare students to complete a rigorous high school program of study.
– Assist students in applying to and enrolling in college.
– Introduce students to stimulating new areas of interest, both academic and non-academic, available at most colleges.
– Improve students’ reading, writing, math, science, test-taking, and study skills.
– Improve skills for relating to others from their own and different cultures.
– Give students the experience of cooperative living through self-governing residence on campus.
– Allow students to explore leadership potential and strengthen a commitment to self-improvement.
Job Corps is a federally- funded comprehensive program that provides essential academic and career skills training and prepares students for success in every aspect of their lives.
At Job Corps, you receive basic living benefits to make your life easier. (Nutrition’s Meals, Furnished room w/roommate, clothing for career training, a living allowance, basic medial care, childcare allotment, books and supplies. Learn more here: https://www.jobcorps.gov/live
Earn your Highschool diploma, Driver’s Education, math and reading tutoring, fundamental employment skills, personal career development plan. Learn more here: https://www.jobcorps.gov/learn
At Job Corps, you receive hands-on training in the career area you select. Its and on-the-job- experience designed to get you workforce ready. Job Corps offers industry-recognized certifications in 82 high-demand industries. Click here to learn more: https://www.jobcorps.gov/train
The New Hampshire Charitable Foundation is the largest provider of publicly available scholarships in New Hampshire, awarding more than $7 million to more than 1,600 promising students each year.
Scholarships available for the following:
- Certificate, license or other industry-recognized credential
- Two-year or associate degree program
- Four-year or bachelor’s degree program
- Master’s, Ph.D. or other advanced degree program
The Jacob Matthews Scholarship
The greatest way we can find to honor Jacob’s legacy is to help enrich the lives of others with the opportunity to pursue music for pleasure. Not based on academic performance, but on the desire to learn to create music, we have partnered with area musicians and music teachers, as well as Jacob’s favorite local music store, Retro Music to help children ages 13-19 with equipment and lessons to get them started on their way.
Students are immersed in top-notch academic programs, along with cherished traditions, when they come to our exceptional school where students live on campus in Hershey, PA—with all costs covered. Milton Hershey School is one of the world’s best private schools, where qualifying lower-income students in pre-K through 12th grade live on campus. Students receive an exceptional educational experience, nurturing home life, college and career readiness support, and comprehensive health and wellness care, including medical and dental services, food, and clothing—with all costs covered. For more information, visit mhskids.org.